Saturday 25 June 2011

Weather to go, or not it seems

Just a quicky....
    You may notice that on the main website on the 'where am I' page there is no track moving effortlessly across the screen this morning. this is despite receiving the early morning wake up phone calls (Thank folks). The weather has decided not to play ball, instead of being the nice force four as forecast and required for this passage, I woke to a force five. gusting six. This is not what I ordered!
Oh well, breakfast on some excellent organic Noss beef sausages and baked beans plus a mug of builder strength tea. H'mm, I feel better for that.
BTW I've updated the map on the front page of the main website to show where I am to date. End of the red line top right.

Pertinent to the charity I am asking you to support while I'm on this trip it was sad to hear that Lieutenant Columbo has died. Actor Peter Falk passed away on Friday following a long bout with Alzheimer's disease.
The man in the mac

So, what to do today? I'm sure I will find something.


If anyone out there is having trouble donating at the justgiving sites (behind company firewalls, don't trust the internet with my card details or just don't want to give that way, etc) you can mail me a cheque direct. To do this just send me an email and I'll send you the details.

Don't forget to drop me a note at onpassage@dhippey.co.uk to sign up to be informed when blog updates appear.

Please share this site with your friends and family ( Especially the rich ones :-)  )

If you came to this blog from the main website www.eventoftheyear.co.uk you will hopefully have had a look around the site and be aware of what I'm up to, both the adventure itself and the fact that I'm aiming to raise awareness of dementia in our society and to raise money for the Alzheimer's charities.
I'm doing this trip for fun and funding the trip myself, but while I'm on this venture you can do your bit to by supporting the Alzheimer's charities through either www.justgiving.com/david-hippey or www.justgiving.com/david-hippey-scotland


Catch you later.
David H.

No comments:

Post a Comment