Wednesday 9 March 2011

Around the world in 80 days

Looking at the 'time to start of cruise' widget on the website I see it is now just 80 days until the start of the cruise. Just enough time to make it around the world then! Well that was enough time for Jules Verne's character Phileas Fog in his classic novel "Around the world on 80 days".
Still seems to be a bit short when I'm preparing for this trip while still holding down the day job as well. Never mind, press on.

As I write this blog Ruach remains afloat, the Scottish weather has thwarted attempts to get her lifted out of the water. It's currently blowing a force 6 with gusts of force 8/9, then just to top it off it is threatening to snow too. So it looks like it will be Monday or Tuesday next week before we get the right weather for the lift. Watch this space.

Special thanks to the people who have donated to the Alzheimer's Society so far on the back of this trip. The just giving site has only been up for less than a week now and you have already given over £100 (plus the amount reclaimable through gift aid). You people are so generous.

Don't forget to drop me a note at onpassage@dhippey.co.uk to sign up to be informed when updates appear. I've also added some widgets below this blog to help you share this site with your friends and family.


If you came to this blog from the website www.eventoftheyear.co.uk you will hopefully have had a look around the site and be aware of what I'm up to, both the adventure itself and the fact that I'm aiming to raise awareness of dementia in our society and to raise money for the Alzheimer's Society.
I'm doing this trip for fun and funding the trip myself, but while I'm on this venture you can do your bit to by supporting the Alzheimer's Society through the 'Charity' link on the website or by going direct to: http://www.justgiving.com/david-hippey/
Thanks for your support and words of encouragement.


Catch you next time.

David H.

No comments:

Post a Comment